Thursday, August 7, 2008

A new use for stockings

One day as I was pressing I was very frustrated that yet another load of clothes were accidentally washed with a piece of tissue paper hiding in a pocket. I stood there with my pile of clothes to press and wondered if I really had to re-wash these dark clothes to get the lint removed. In desperation I grabbed a stocking that was nearby and started to wipe it across the fuzz that was on the clothes. To my great surprise the fuzz started to move and in no time it was all gone. I have since added an old stocking, that I have formed into a ball for easy of use, as one of my essential pieces of equipment stored near the iron.

In the case that spray starch is required while pressing, I have found that this assists in removing the fuzz with the stocking. The fuzz comes off easier.

To remove the fuzz I lay the clothes flat on the ironing board as if I am about to press and rub the fuzz using the stocking ball.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting...and funny will let some others know about this...

Anonymous said...

That is interesting way to use them and funny. Well other use for stockings in the books.