Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can food cause Acne?

There are certain schools of thought that claim that foods do not cause acne and others have said that certain foods do. I have adult acne. I have struggled for years with an outbreak three out of four weeks in a month. When my face got cleared it seem to be only for a few days before another one appears again. It is true that I did not have a terrible case of acne but it was constant and painful. I especially got them on my chin and cheeks which lasts for over a week, was very obvious and very painful for days. People would even comment on them.

Occasionally I get facials done. The lady suggested that I refrain from milk and nuts. I did not believe her, so I did nothing. Then another friend suggested that I use Almond milk instead. I did. My face cleared up. It is amazing. If I eat cheese or drink milk the next day a pimple comes up. I still eat nuts. It appears too that I am lactose intolerant.

My face has cleared up. I still get an occasionally pimple but they are few and far apart. I continue to use my acne produces as usual so when the pimple starts it clears up in 1/3 of the time and is not painful.

No comments: