Thursday, January 15, 2009

One Way to Handle the Recession

It is a fact that the world is in a recession. What are we to do? There are days I feel overwhelmed by what is happening; the “bread winners” in families losing their jobs, banks reclaiming houses, banks having to be bailed out, Developed Nations not being able to raise the funds that they require in a bond issue, fear on every turn.

I have decided that I will handle the recession by giving. Yes, I said giving. I will give of my ideas to others to help them get or maintain a job. I will give of my time to assist those less fortunate and I will give money to those that are in need. I know within myself that God’s word is true. In the Christian Bible in the King James Version it says in Ecclesiastes 11:1 "Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days". I do believe that the more that I give the more I will receive because God is a faithful and just God.

In this time of scarcity I tell myself (it takes some convincing) that I have enough for others who are in need, my children and me. I believe that more will come my way the more that I give to others.

The spin off this giving is that I feel so great!! It makes my days happier.

No comments: