Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions

It is that time of the year for New Year resolutions. Here are mine:

1. To see things that happens in life differently i.e. to view life with new eyes. Instead of saying “Oh another pimple”, I shall say “Thank God for acne cream and foundation makeup” and move on.
2. To see failure as a stepping-stone to success. A good attitude and determination to rise again is required!
3. To stop worrying over the small things even if they appear to be large problems. “That to shall pass”.
4. To have the Faith that as a believer in Jesus Christ I have the promise in Romans 8:28 in the Christian Bible that says: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
5. To recall that if I know how to worry I know how to pray (Oh boy, how much more prayers I will say in one day!)
6. To dedicate more time to pray. (This follows naturally from point five). Instead of seeking a human ear to listen to my problems I know that I always have the ear of God Almighty anytime day or night.
7. To offer everything that I am and have to God for him to use to his Glory. It is fruitless trying to hold on to what we have and to build wealth if God is not keeping us. Look at the great financial losses and lives that occur in 2008. The true and living God is the only one that preserves.

Put God first and you will have a happy and prosperous new year.

No comments: