Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The principle of a "Little" Part 1

I have divided this blog into three parts in order to keep it to a readable length. Enjoy.

One of the many things that I have learnt in this life is the Principle of a "Little". This comes from the old adage that "a little goes a long way". Unfortunately we only use this principle for a small number of things in our life. Here is a list of some of things that I have found aptly applies: -


1. Investments
If you want to secure your future financially you HAVE to put aside a little of each set of money that you received. When this pile grows big enough you HAVE to invest it in an avenue that generates money such as mutual funds, shares or a rental property. Never think that you need a lot of money to invest. That is so wrong. When I left school I started an insurance policy called an endowment. At the time it was a small amount, which I did not increased or decreased. Before I knew it the years had passed, which they will, and I had amassed thousands of dollars. Even if you have not put aside money the years will still pass. A little every month grew.

2. Dieting
I do not believe in a person starving him/herself. Dieting to me is a way of life. It is the way that you eat every day. It is making small but continuous changes in the foods that you eat to adjust for aging and a change of life style. If you want to lose weight, increase your protein intake for building muscle, reduce your cholesterol etc. you have to eat what is required. In order not to become to devastated or to have the feeling of hopelessness, it is a good idea to change a little of your current diet one item at a time. For example drink more water and less drinks with sugar.

Part 2 of this article will be published next week.

No comments: